Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wagner Week part 5: The Neard

As many people know, Wagner, despite his musical genius, still had a lot of faults. LOTS of them, actually. Some will get people rather heated, so I won't speak about those. Instead I wish to focus on one of his faults that I believe all of us can agree on:

WAGNER'S AWFUL NEARD.

A neard, in case you don't know, is a neck beard. Did Wagner have no friends? If I had been around at that time, I would have said to him "Good grief man! Shave that hideous thing, and quickly! Get your ass to a barber! Schnell schnell!" I mean, seriously---friends don't let friends have neards. They are simply awful. I mean, look at this hideous thing!


Can anyone name ANYTHING attractive about a neard? Anything? Anything at all????

That's what I thought. There is NOTHING attractive about a neard. It's like...I look at this picture above and can't help but grimace. It's like a car wreck that you don't want to see, but you can't keep your eyes off of it. I mean, I don't think I've ever been so entranced by something so ugly! Add to that the hat he's wearing, and I'm coming close to really clownin' this dude. He almost deserves it for those things.

So, what's the lesson in this blog? The lesson is that even really intelligent and talented people make mistakes and have bad judgement. Case in point: Wagner, and his neard.

2 comments:

thepurefool said...

They're the chops that never end. I dig 'em.

Anonymous said...

wagner's neckbeard is one of the most impressive efforts in the history of beards. majestic, powerful and balanced.