Monday, February 25, 2008

John Adams made my cat shut up

While I have the world's most adorable kitty, she can be quite annoying. She meows a LOT. When I get out of the shower, she's in the bathroom meowing loudly. When I get home she makes a racket. Tonight she has been a motormouth nonstop, and she was just at my side yelling up a storm at me. I told her to be quiet numerous times, to no avail. I decided to just deal with my cat meowing her lungs out.

As she was doing this, I decide to listen to some John Adams, since I am currently going gonzo over his works. I put his Violin Concerto on, and all of a sudden, the second the music started, my cat shut up. She looked at the computer since it was making new noises, and then decided to stop meowing, stop rubbing her face all over my arm, and went and sat down at the end of the bed. She has yet to make a noise.

For all I know, this is just some coincidence. But I enjoy the idea of my cat being so moved by music that she shuts up. Yeah, fat chance, I know. But it's fun thinking about it.

No comments: